Build a solid foundation for your career through knowledge of marketing fundamentals. As a marketing major, you'll explore all phases of marketing and distributing products and services throughout the global economy—with a focus on understanding consumers and acquiring information for decision-making.
Learn how to:
- Identify potential markets
- Develop marketing and pricing strategies
- Estimate the demand for products and services
- Integrate e-commerce and social media into marketing strategies
- Conduct primary and secondary marketing research
- Lead marketing communications and sales presentations
- Perform statistical analyses
Our graduates are well prepared for careers as marketing directors, public relations and advertising managers, research analysts, sales managers, and directors of marketing communications.
Earn a bachelor’s degree at UMassD or complete your degree at UMassD if you already have some college credits. The program is 100% online.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit the UMass Dartmouth website to learn more about earning your online Bachelor of Science in Marketing.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course (Online Only)||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Campus Center Fee (On Campus Only)||$15|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,245-$1,344|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). And the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by AACSB International.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
Undergraduate degree applicants
- Complete and submit your application: online.
Submit $30 non-refundable application fee:
- Online application, we accept MasterCard or Visa.
- Paper application, we accept money orders, personal and banks checks.
- Submit official transcripts of all previous college or university courses for which you enrolled.
Students with fewer than 13 college credits will be required to:
- Have your high school transcript sent to UMass Dartmouth.
- Have your official SAT or ACT scores sent to UMass Dartmouth.
- Send a personal statement of up to 500 words that demonstrates qualities of leadership, community service, work experiences and/or other significant interests.
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid