UMass Boston's Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABS-N) program is designed for people with a bachelor’s degree in another field who want to become a nurse.
This program allows you to become a baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse in 12 months. You will study with instructors specially trained in online, concept-based learning and experience face-to-face, state-of-the-art simulation and live clinical experiences.
The Pre-licensure Nursing program maintains Full Approval Status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please fill in your name/email and click on “Inquire Now”.
Click here for more information on the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
2021-2022 Program Tuition:
(This cost includes tuition and fees)
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|In-State & Out of State||approx. $30,000 - $35,000|
|International Students||approx. $70,000 - $75,000|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Boston is accredited by the CCNE - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
All applicants must attend an Accelerated Information Session and then submit the following application materials:
- Complete undergraduate admissions application (if you have not attended UMass Boston before) or second degree application/re-enrollment application (if you have attended UMass Boston before)
- Complete accelerated nursing option supplemental form (available in your myUMB Portal)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended since high school (except graduate school)
- Complete the two essay prompts listed here
- TEAS exam scores, overall and science subsection (TEAS exam scores will not be required for applications to the Spring 2021 semester of the program).
- Provide two (2) letters of professional or educational recommendation**
*Note: This prompt is not listed as one of the essay prompts on the application. Please use this prompt instead of the ones listed. You only need to complete this one essay for the program.
**Note: The application only allows the submission of one recommendation letter. Please have your second recommender email their recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 1, Summer Admission (May)
- May 1, Fall Admission (September)
- October 1, Spring Admission (January)
All applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA, but it is important to note that students pursuing a 2nd bachelor degree are often not eligible for financial aid money, as often they have already met the limits while completing their first bachelor degree.
$30,000 - $35,000