The Management in Aging Services master's degree program offers students an advanced degree in the growing field of aging services. This includes long-term care, service-supported housing, community-based services, marketing to an aging population, and health services for those requiring chronic care.
The program will afford professionals in the aging network the opportunity to broaden their perspectives and develop skills in policy development and analysis, program management, administration, and finance with a focus on the aging population.
The program is now available entirely online, consisting of 12 courses (8 required courses, 3 electives courses and capstone project).
- First - Rate Faculty
- Flexibility and Convenience
- Offers students an advanced degree in the growing field of aging services
- Winner, 2008 Outstanding Credit Program Award, University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the Master's in Gerontology - Management of Aging Services program.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$575|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1,725 (575 x 3 credits = 1725)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell's B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
A student may register for any of the courses without having to apply for and be accepted into the Master's Program. If the student is accepted into the Master's Program at a later date, a maximum of two courses may be counted toward that degree. All students must have an undergraduate degree.
Admission is competitive - Apply early! Here's how…
1. Read application form instructions carefully and complete form. Click here for the application.
2. Brief cover letter indicating that you would like to be considered for admission into the Gerontology Masters of Science track in the Management of Aging Services, and 3 reference letters.
3. A 3-4 page personal statement, explaining your past experiences in the field, reasons for wanting to be part of the program, and future career goals.
4. Request official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
5. Once you have completed the application, send it to the address below.
Databank - UMass Boston Graduate Admissions
PO Box 6195 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19115
|June 1st||December 1st|
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at https://studentaid.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com.
"The faculty is excellent. I had extensive contact with my professors. The Program is very flexible and creative. Each of us is encouraged to use our own experiences, professional interests and special vantage points to explore management issues in aging services. The Program opened up a whole new world for me. For that, I will always be grateful."
"The true value of the Program is in the graduates whom they develop and send back into the community. These graduates will provide the direction and leadership that the field of aging needs."
"I have been able to use this information to start implementing some changes at my agency to increase our efficiency and effectiveness."
- "The professors are all seasoned and their expertise and ability to teach is profound."- Sara