The UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM) provides you with the knowledge and tools to help improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare delivery and become an agent for positive change. Learn how to save time and money, improve quality of care, redesign organizational processes and reduce implementation errors.
Throughout the program, you’ll enhance your managerial skills, which can be applied immediately in the workplace. You’ll learn how to formulate and implement administrative policies and plans that support organizational goals. Graduates are well prepared to lead their organizations, and advance their careers.
- Complete the 30-credit hour curriculum on a full-time or part-time basis
- Maximal flexibility with online and face-to-face delivery formats
- Focuses on business disciplines most relevant to technical and behavioral change management skills
- Provides high value and high quality
- Taught by leading scholars supplemented by a cadre of seasoned practitioners
- Networking and dialogue opportunities with other working professionals and faculty
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Visit the UMass Dartmouth website to learn more about earning your online Master of Science in Healthcare Management.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total per Course*||$1,914|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to the Graduate School. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
1. Undergraduate degree: Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
2. GMAT exam or equivalent: The GMAT requirement for graduate program admission at UMass Dartmouth is waived* if the applicant proves, to UMass Dartmouth's satisfaction, any of the following:
- An earned baccalaureate business degree from an institution accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5.
- An earned baccalaureate degree in any major from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 and a minimum of five (5) years of post-baccalaureate professional work experience, including supervisory roles with increased responsibility.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may also qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth. The applicant can fulfill the documentation requirement by submitting official transcripts and a description of the work experience, signed and dated by the applicant/employee and his/her supervisor.
3. Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer.
4. A personal statement (minimum 300 words) explaining the applicant's career goals and motivation for the degree.
5. Current Resume.
6. Candidates whose Bachelor’s degree was not earned in an approved English language country must submit either the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 72 internet-based or 533 paper-based) or IELTS exam (minimum band score of 6.0).
* Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the graduate coursework. Exceptions and waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid